MPR 6/3 Digital Motor Protection Relay
new generation of microprocessor based relay designed to protectthree phase induction motors. Featuring Directional Ground Fault and
true RMS line currents are measured at a sampling rate of 0.5 mSec. The MPR-6 includes three temperature (RTD's or Thermistors) inputs, all combined to provide a comprehensive protection package.
The MPR-6 incorporates two main functions:
- Advanced, state of the art motor protection.
- Real time supervision and communication.
Advantages at glance
- Directional Ground Fault - New for 2003.
- Comprehensive package, 26 protective functions
- Ability to select each protective functions as Alarm, Trip, both or none.
- True RMS at a scan time of 0.5 mSec
- Full control and supervision through RS 485 with open Modbus protocol.
- Compact, simple to install and easy to operate.
- Too many starts
- Maximum start time
- Under current
- Load increase
- Thermal level (Overload)
- Over-current Jam
- Over-current Stall
- Over-current Short circuit
- Unbalanced current
- Ground fault current
- Over-temp. -RTD or PTC/NTC
- External faults 1&2 - N.O / N.C contacts
- Current fluctuation (Broken Bar Detection)
- Analog Output
Any fault can be designated as an Alarm, Trip, both or none. Furthermore, two auxiliary
relays can be specified to operate with any of the faults.
"Time To Trip" and "Time To Start"
When current exceeds the overload setting, a unique built-in algorithm calculates the time
until the motor will be tripped (when thermal capacity is 100%), enabling the operator or host
computer to take corrective action before tripping. After the MPR-6 has tripped the motor, it
will calculate the time delay until the motor can be restarted, after cooling down.
An illuminated LCD provides clear status and statistical information.
Ground fault current
Motor load in % of FLC
Time to trip
Time to start
Motor run time
Total number of starts
Total number of trips
Last start time
Last start peak current
Ground fault current
All at trip time
RS485 serial link with MODBUS RTU communication protocol, operating at baud rate of
1200 to 9600 bits/sec, enables monitoring of set points and actual parameters.
Up to 32 MPR-6 relays can be connected to the host computer on the same twisted shielded pair.
Small to medium size low and medium voltage motors.
Motors in the Process Industry
Critical motors requiring special protection or supervision.